Error Checking Test
Call or email to discuss our tests or to book a demonstration of our platform +44 (0)7872 019525 or email@example.com
What do Error Checking Tests assess?
Error Checking Tests are designed to measure a candidate’s attention to detail and ability to spot errors in different data sets. They demand a high level of concentration because candidates are required to compare two different sets of data that both contain a lot of numerical and verbal information. Error checking tests are particularly useful in jobs that require accuracy and have a degree of repetition or when high levels of concentration need to be sustained.
Typical roles that would use our error checking test:
- Operational Roles - Call Centre Staff, Ramp/Baggage Handlers, Train Drivers etc
- Administrative Roles- Executive Assistant, Purchase/Sales ledger clerk etc.
- Customer-facing Roles- Sales Representatives, Customer Support etc.
Overview of the Error Checking Test
Our error checking test consists of a total of 50 items that must be completed in 10 minutes. There are 10 unique question sets and each is comprised of 5 individual questions. The goal is to check whether information in the ‘pick manifest’ (at the bottom) is correctly presented in the ‘consignment details’ (at the top). For columns marked with an asterisk (*), the candidate also must check whether the ‘key’ has been applied correctly. Different question sets follow different formats and have different keys to interpret. There can be more than 1 error in an item, and some may have no errors at all. Candidates must select all options that apply.
Example of an Error Checking Question
How to do well in your Error Checking Test
To do well in an error checking test, it is good to implement the following tips:
1. Identify the row first: To get through this test quickly, you want to home in on the relevant information as soon as possible. To do this, look at the ‘pick manifest’ and try to establish which row among the ‘consignment details’ is it meant to have been copied from.
2. Take the time to find all errors: Keep in mind that there may be multiple errors to find between the ‘pick manifest’ and the ‘consignment details’. As such, do not rush ahead to the next question as soon as you find the first error, but check to make sure there are no other errors first.
3. Remember to look at the key: If there is an asterisk, make sure that you look at the key to correctly interpret certain cells among the ‘consignment details’.
Take one of our free Ability Tests
Take a free Critical Reasoning Test and download your results on completion. We won't ask you for an email address of any other contact information. It's just a link to your confidential report.