Facilities Management SJT
What is a Situational Judgement Test?
A Situational Judgement Test or SJT is a type of psychometric test that presents candidates with real-life work situations and then asks them to decide on the best response to that situation. The Facilities Management SJT is a situational judgement test that is specifically geared towards situations that someone in the early stages of their career may encounter across different industries.
Typical roles that would use our Facilities Management SJT are:
1. Facilities Management Professionals
2. Services Management Professionals
Our Facilities Management SJT presents candidates with 12 distinct situations that many graduates might find familiar across a variety of organisations. For each situation, 4 possible responses are given, each presenting a feasible response someone in a role may take. Candidates are asked to review these responses and select 1 response they consider to be ‘ most appropriate’ and another they think would be the ‘least appropriate’. As with all our SJTs, the Facilities Management SJT is untimed but typically takes 10 minutes to complete.
Our Facilities Management SJT measures 3 competencies / behaviours:
1. Relating to Others: Working with customers and colleagues to maximise outcomes.
2. Customer Service: Carefully builds an understanding of customer needs and priorities.
3. Showing Initiative: Taking ownership of tasks and situations to achieve a positive outcome
Example of a Facilities Management SJT Question
Facilities Management SJT - Sample Reports
On completion of the Facilities Management SJT, you can download 2 reports as standard:
< p style="margin-left: 20px;"> 1. Recruitment Report, where the content is designed for an organisation and supports a recruitment decision. This report provides tests scores, behavioural interpretation and interview questions.
2. Candidate Report, where the content is designed for a candidate(s) and provides feedback on the test performance. This report provides behavioural interpretation and suggests development goals for improving their competencies.
Free Situational Judgement Test
Take a free situational judgement test. On completion you will be able to download a detailed report based on your results. We will not ask you for any personal information to be able to view your report.
How to do well in your Facilities Management SJT
To do well in a Facilities Management SJT, it is good to implement the following tips:
1. Read the passage: Make sure you fully read and understand the whole passage prior to looking at the responses, as the nuances of the situation will help decide which response is ‘most appropriate’.
2. Think about the next level up: The responses that are ‘most appropriate’ are often those which you would imagine being applicable, not only for the role being tested for, but also at levels higher up. Think about what qualities would not only enable you to do the job but be considered for promotion into a more managerial.
3. Avoid the reactive response: Similarly to looking at the next level up, while the ‘least appropriate’ response will not be obviously incorrect, it is likely to show a lack of leadership or initiative that will prevent someone from being considered for a future promotion.