Last Updated September 2022
2.1 What data we may collect from you
The data that we collect from you may include information:
- • you provide when you request our goods and services
- • you provide when you complete forms on our site or for our goods and services, including registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material, or using further services, including information you provide when you complete our psychometric instrument questionnaires, including via our internet-based scoring and assessment platform or otherwise
- • you provide when you contact us or report a problem to us; or complete a survey that we use for research purposes
- • about transactions you have entered into through our site or other orders placed with us
- • about your visits to our site (including traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access, including by using cookies.
We may also collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and no individual is identified in collection of this data.
2.2. How we will use your data
The personal data that we collect is used:
- • to provide you with goods and services that you request from us
- • to provide, on request, personalised computer-generated reports from completion of our psychometric instrument questionnaires, including via our assessment platform service or otherwise
- • for customer administration including carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and including retention of correspondence if you contact us
- • for technical administration of our sites including notifying you about changes to our service.
We may also:
- • use data collected through completion of our psychometric instrument questionnaires, including via our assessment platform or otherwise, for research purposes in order to produce statistics of the type described in our technical product manuals e.g., psychometric norms and validity data. You may be asked, as part of the testing process, to give your consent to the use of your personal data for research purposes, and to answer additional research questions. If you decline from doing so, certain data is not collected or used for research purposes. If you do consent, the personal data collected may include sensitive personal data where you have submitted such, but this will only be used for research purposes and only in an anonymous and aggregated form.
- • automatically collect data about visitors to our site (for example on browsing patterns) by using cookies
- • in both these cases, the data is used only in an anonymous form; no individual is identified or identifiable from such data.
2.3. Data anonymisation
2.4. Your right to opt out of direct communications
If you do not wish Viewpoint to use your personal data for direct marketing of our goods and services, you can unsubscribe using the link in any email you have received from us, or you can notify us in writing either by email to us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note, however, that occasionally we may need to communicate with you for administrative or operational reasons and therefore whilst you use our goods and services and continue to wish to do so, it is not possible to opt-out of all communications with us.
- • give us information about the number of visitors to different parts of our site and how visitors use the site
- • enhance your visit to our site, facilitate user administration including detection of mobile devices and to provide you with content tailored to your interests based on your usage of the site
- • ease your browsing experience by optimising and improving the use of webforms, analysing user behaviour to improve usability of the site and track your preferences
- • enable you to order our goods and services through our online shop, including use of a shopping basket
- • administer a customer online account, including remembering log-in details for our online assessment platform and other applications
2.6. How we keep your data secure
2.7. Sharing your data
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- • as necessary to fulfil your order(s) for our goods and services and to validate your payment details
- • to suppliers and licensors that process data on our behalf
- • where we believe, in good faith, that it is necessary to comply with the law or regulatory obligation or to protect the safety of Viewpoint, our customers or their clients, or the public, or to enforce or apply our terms of business or our terms and conditions of use of our site or other contracts.
2.8. Links to other sites
This policy applies only to information collected by Viewpoint Psychology. Links on our site to other organisations are not covered by this policy so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those sites.
2.9. How you can contact us
2.10. How you can obtain data we hold about you
If you wish to see a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, you can request this by writing to our Data Protection Officer at the above address. This right to see a copy of your personal data (a subject access request) exists under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and, in accordance with the Act, we may charge you a fee of £10 for our costs in providing you with a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
2.11. Changes to this policy
2.12. Governing law