Call or email to discuss our tests or to book a demonstration of our platform +44 (0)7872 019525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What do Situational Judgement Tests assess?
A Situational Judgement Test or SJT is a type of psychometric test that presents candidates with real-life work situations and then asks them to decide on the best response to that situation. The Administrator SJT is a situational judgement test that is specifically geared towards someone working in an administrative or organisational role.
Typical roles that would use our administrator SJT are:
Overview of the Administrator SJT
Our Administrator SJT presents candidates with 12 distinct situations that many Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants and Administrators might find familiar across a variety of organisations. For each situation, 4 possible responses are given, each presenting a feasible response someone in a role may take. Candidates are asked to review these responses and select 1 response they consider to be ‘ most appropriate’ and another they think would be the ‘least appropriate’. As with all our SJTs, the administrator SJT is untimed but typically takes up to 10 minutes to complete.
The Administrator SJT measures 3 competencies / behaviours:
1. Relating to Others: Working with others to maximise outcomes.
2. Customer Service: Understanding and establishing customer’ needs.
3. Achieving Outcomes: Routinely providing high-quality outcomes / services.
Example Administrator SJT Question
Administrator SJT - Sample Reports
On completion of the Administrator SJT, you can download 2 reports as standard:
1. Recruitment Report, where the content is designed for an organisation and supports a recruitment decision. This report provides tests scores, behavioural interpretation and interview questions.
2. Candidate Report, where the content is designed for a candidate(s) and provides feedback on the test performance. This report provides behavioural interpretation and suggests development goals for improving their competencies.
Free Situational Judgement Test
Take a free situational judgement test. On completion you will be able to download a detailed report based on your results. We will not ask you for any personal information to be able to view your report.
How to do well in your Administrator SJT
To do well in an Administrator SJT, it is good to implement the following tips…
1. Read the passage: Make sure you fully read and understand the whole passage prior to looking at the responses, as the nuances of the situation will help decide which response is ‘most appropriate’.
2. Think about the next level up: The responses that are ‘most appropriate’ are often those which you would imagine being applicable, not only for the role being tested for, but also at levels higher up. Think about what qualities would not only enable you to do the job but be considered for promotion into a more managerial.
3. Avoid the reactive response: Similarly to looking at the next level up, while the ‘least appropriate’ response will not be obviously incorrect, it is likely to show a lack of leadership or initiative that will prevent someone from being considered for a future promotion.